Pages

Monday, 16 June 2014

Japanese Chocolate Soufflé Cheesecake 日式巧克力舒芙蕾乳酪蛋糕


I thought that I never have the guts to try on the  soufflé cheesecake recipes until I saw Jeannie@Baking Diary shared her <Green Tea Souffle Cheesecake> recently.  With a nervous heart, I crossed my fingers & my toes and never stopped checking on the oven during the whole process of baking, luckily, the cake came out nicely disregard some fine cracks on the top. A big thanks to Jeannie.

前些时候May的家上了几个乳酪蛋糕,看得我心痒痒的。总是觉得自己不大懂弄这类型的蛋糕,直到看了Jeannie@Baking Diary<绿茶舒芙蕾乳酪蛋糕>。她的食谱里分享了一个很特别的步骤,就是在蛋糕出炉後就从高处把蛋糕扔下桌面,有说,这可以防止蛋糕收缩



This recipe only requires 125g of cream cheese to make a 8" Round Cheesecake(I used a 7" Square Pan).

最吸引我的就是这个食谱只用了125克的奶油乳,就能烘一粒八寸大的圆乳酪蛋糕(我用了七寸的正方形模),心想就算第一次失败了,还可以用其奶油乳再试多一次


A special technique was shared in this recipe, which is to drop the pan from a certain height soon after the pan is removed from the oven. It is said to prevent shrinkage upon cooling.


Chocolate  Soufflé Cheesecake(Japanese style)
日式巧克力舒芙蕾芝士蛋
Recipe Sources:
*Coco's流水厨房 with Minor Adjustments

Makes a 7" Square or an 8" Round Cheesecake

Ingredients:
125g Cream Cheese, roughly chopped
60g Unsalted Butter, roughly chopped
5 Egg Yolks (Total Weight is 77g)
125g Milk
75g Cake Flour, sifted
35g Corn Flour, sifted
13g Cocoa Powder, sifted
5 Egg Whites (Total weight is 178g)
120g Caster Sugar

Method:
1. Line the base and sides of a 7" square cake pan with non-stick baking paper. For the sides, make sure that the paper extends to about 1" higher than the pan.
2. Mix flour and cocoa powder together. Set aside.
3. Melt cream cheese and butter in a heat-proof bowl over a pot of simmering water. Stir until no lumps. Remove from heat and leave to cool.
4. Add egg yolks to the cream mixture, one at a time and mix with a handwhisk. The mixture becomes smoother after the 1st egg was added.
5. Add milk, whisk to combine.
6. Add flour mixture gradually. Mix until well-combined. Do not over mix.
7. In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until frothy. Add sugar in a few rounds &  beat until soft peaks.
8. Give the cream mixture a good stir, then add 1/3 of (7) into the cream cheese. Mix gently with a handwhisk.  Gradually add in the rest of (7) into the cream mixture & mix until well-combined.
9. Pour batter into the cake pan. Pour from a certain height slowly to help remove air bubbles. Tap the pan lightly on a table top to level up the batter and also to remove air bubbles.
10. Place the cake pan in a big baking tray, then put them in the lower middle oven rack. Carefully fill up the tray with hot water. The water level should just be about 1’’ height of the cake pan.
11. Bake in a 150C preheated oven(Bake only, not Fan-Bake) for 10 minutes, then reduce to 140C for another  10 minutes, if cracks happen, reduce to 120-130C & continue to bake for about 40 minutes(total baking hour is 1 hour).
12. Remove cake pan from oven and immediately drop the pan from a height of 20-30cm onto the table top. This prevents the cake from shrinking upon cooling. Remove the cake from pan immediately. To unmold, place a large baking sheet on top of the cake pan, invert the cake pan onto the baking sheet. Remove the cake pan and the paper on the base and sides of the cake. Turn the cake back to the top again on a wire rack. Cooled. Refrigerate overnight.



I’m submitting this to Little Thumbs Up(LTU) Jun – Butter that was originally organized by Zoe@Bake for Happy Kids & Mui Mui@My Little Favourite DIY & is currently hosted by Jozelyn@Spice Up My Kitchen.

~Enjoy!~

58 comments:

  1. Hi Jessie
    Look at your cake......so perfect absolutely no flaws at all. I dont think anyone would reject from you but instead coming back for a second. I think I should jump into the the bandwagon to follow suit. You always inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mel, sometimes it's good to take a break from blogging. I shall have a break soon when the school holidays start in less than 2 weeks.

      Delete
  2. Jessie, when I saw the word souffle I immediately click. Oh it's souffle cheesecake- looks yummy la! Cant believe it's your first time making it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yen, not sure whether your family likes cheesecake or not. I also like this type of cheesecake!

      Delete
  3. Hi Jessie! Your cake is beautifully baked. Lovely and fine texture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessie, the souffle cheesecake looks so tempting, especially chocolate flavour, yum yum! And I also using this dropping technique on my golden sponge cake when I was too eager to get a perfect sponge cake. But I read somewhere also that some baking chef actually dun encourage that but I forgot why liao hahahaha...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jess, when you remember the reason, let me know, hehehe.

      Delete
  5. 好绵密的蛋糕,我来大大的一口。。。。

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Very impressive for first timer! Hardly any shrinkage at all! Now my turn to drool over your photos lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeannie, thinking to use the other 1/2 cream cheese to make the original flavour. This week let me tummy rest for a while first, haha!

      Delete
  7. what a lovely lovely soufflé cheesecake.. the texture look just awesome...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. VB, I use this to exchange with your Japanese style steamed chocolate cake!

      Delete
  8. 很美丽的 cheese cake。。。 我很想吃下一片呢。

    ReplyDelete
  9. 蛋糕组织很幼细,肯定好吃极了。 我今天早上才在跟jane说起这个高处把蛋糕敲下的方法,看来我讲错,我跟她讲是在蛋糕送进去烘烤前,从高处往桌面敲,蛋糕气泡会整理好,那么烘出来的蛋糕就不会回缩。。哈哈。。原来是蛋糕出炉后才这样做的啊。。

    看到你家的美美乳酪蛋糕,我也想做了。。先吃你的ok

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Li Shuan:
      这个食谱说是之後,我摔时其实有点怕,怕它pecah了就残了,幸亏没有。这蛋糕不会起太高,对於半桶水的我来说比较容易掌握。

      Delete
  10. 很漂亮的蛋糕,太完美了。。。^^

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jessie your chocolate soufflé cheesecake looks perfect! You get full marks, girl. And thanks for sharing this wonderful tip about dropping the pan from a certain height to prevent shrinkage. I shall certainly bookmarked this recipe for later. M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Veronica: I was actually quite nervous when dropping the pan & I felt more scared after doing it. I kept asking myself what was I thinking, haha. But not sure whether this tip really worked. My cake top was a bit wrinkled but I couldn't care much, haha.

      Delete
  12. 蛋糕烘到很美,可是真的要从高处往下仍吗?
    要扔好像有点压力一下。。哈哈哈哈!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mandy:
      这方法真的很奇怪,我扔时也怕。

      Delete
  13. Your first time baking this and is so perfectly done.

    ReplyDelete
  14. 扔下桌面?好奇好奇
    我也是看到她们一直上乳酪蛋糕,买了一包creamcheese整两个星期都还没做呢。。嘻嘻嘻
    今天来吃你的咯

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fion:
      可以可以,改天到你请哦!

      Delete
  15. so long did not bake this type of light cheese cake, but instead hardworking doing bread for daily breakfast, hehehe..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sonia:
      It's an addiction. Now I'm addicted to baking cheesecake.

      Delete
  16. 许久不见~~ 你好!! Jessie~~
    舒芙蕾做得太棒的~~ 不简单的功夫哦~~ ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sabrina:
      我现在想再做多一个,是原味的。

      Delete
  17. 很美的蛋糕组织, 还有吗?请来一片!

    ReplyDelete
  18. 蛋糕组织细密,很成功!
    照片更是一级棒!!
    朋友,总觉得看你家作品,就是一种享受。

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aunty Young, 谢谢你,我还在学习打蛋白呢。

      Delete
  19. 你好厉害嘢,蛋糕和照片都是那么的漂亮、吸引人的咧。你太赞了哦~
    那个在高处把蛋糕敲下来的技巧,应该不适合我做,我肯定会把蛋糕敲出模型的咯。

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Irene:
      我看到蛋糕敲出模型时就大笑起来了,哈哈。不过说认真的,蛋糕往下扔时,我的心是"bok bok, bok bok"地跳!

      Delete
  20. Hi, Jessie,
    蛋糕美美的,一次就成功了,太赞了!那个从高处摔蛋糕的tips,我也看过别的博客分享过,可是不是很明白如何做到。。。我尝试过,还差点把蛋糕摔坏了。。。
    谢谢你连接小拇指。

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jozelyn:
      Hanoh, 我也是半信半疑,哈哈。

      Delete
  21. Jessie,你的蛋糕好棒噢!组织好细密。。。这个食谱还没试过,我又要bookmark了,谢谢分享!:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Jessie, 这个烘好的从高处连模摔下, 我也在一个blog里看过, 只是就没有照着跟着摔, 下次也试试摔摔看! 哈哈。。
    都说你行咯, 结果蛋糕美美的出场了!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May:
      不要拿太高,大该20cm高就可以了。

      Delete
  23. WOW... this is a perfect cheesecake! So well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. 我丢过别的蛋糕,结果有点点毁掉,看到这个又要丢,有点怕怕,哈哈。。

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Jessie, I haven't attempted baked cheesecake as I know this type of cake is either "make it or break it". But seeing your success, I'm so motivated ... hee hee ! but I must find a "good day" 吉日to bake this ^-^.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. I'm also thinking to have an encore baking again.

      Delete
  26. OMG, Jessie! Your cake looks so perfect and flawless.

    I remember staring and admiring Jeannie's cake a while ago and now I doing the same at yours :p

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, Zoe, I was also staring at Jeannie's cake for a long time, that was such a successful bake & that is why I overcome my fear & tried to bake 1 myself.

      Delete
  27. Hi Jessie, what a flawless cake you have here. Wishing I could have a slice right away. I have seen Jeannie's, HHB's and now yours. All are so beautifully baked.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Jessie, the texture looks perfect! I need the courage to do this too...

    ReplyDelete
  29. Jessie,我来吃蛋糕的,这蛋糕的组织很细密吔,味道不用说一定很棒。

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful styling and a fluffy cake.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Jess,
    I miss you .. :)
    Such pretty soufflé chocolate cheese! I would love to have 2 pieces hehe..
    Are you nervous when you drop the pan? :p
    mui

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi Leng Lui, Long time no C! How are you doing ? I really LOVE this chocolatey cheesecake of yours . Looks so tempting & heavenly . Love to try out this recipe ASAP as I've never made a soufflé cheesecake before . Thanks for sharing ;)

    ReplyDelete