Pages

Tuesday, 11 March 2014

Chicken Karaage Salad with Sesame Dressing 日式炸鸡沙拉配芝麻酱(强力推荐)


I have always been a big fan of Japanese style salad, mainly because I like the salad dressing very much.  In the past, I had tried to look for a similar type of salad dressing but failed until late spring last year, I found out that my Japanese friend’s daughter likes hydrangea very much so I picked some & sent to their home. To my surprise, this friend handed me a bottle of her homemade sesame salad dressing.  According to her, friends who had tried this dressing have fallen in love with it instantly!

星期六外出到老爷奶奶家时被告知有关MH370消失的消息,心里变得相当的沈重。昨天一位当飞机师的友人驾飞机经过事发点,他说可以看到很多拯救人员在搜查著,我们要为他们打气,也祈求奇迹的出现,让机上的每一个人都能平安的回家与亲人团圆。



自己是超喜欢吃日式沙拉,尤其是那沙拉酱。曾经认真的在日本杂货店找过类似的沙拉酱,也问过友善的店主要关的食谱,得到的答案是每间日本餐厅都有自己风格的沙拉酱,当时是带著失望的心情回家,直到去年的春天尾,当家里的绣球花还在盛开时,得知一位日本友人的女儿喜欢这花,所以就送了一束去她家。谁知见面时,她礼尚往来的送了一瓶她自己做的芝麻沙拉酱给我,当时的我觉得很不好意思,花是心肝情愿地送出,从没想到有什麽回报,她太客气了。


So went I got home, I immediately had a spoon of the sesame dressing & my first reaction was: “This is it! I have found it! This is the type of dressing that I have been looking for so long!” I’m so grateful to her for sharing the recipe with me.

回家後的第一时间试吃了该沙拉酱,有那种味道!当时的反应就像找对配偶一样,是它了!My “Mr Right…sauce!”

这食谱的酸咸味道配合得相当好,加上那些炒香的白芝麻,哇,香浓的不得了,好好吃!我私下已和几位朋友分享过,其中一位常年吃素的朋友喜欢得很,现在常常做这酱来配吃沙拉。

Sesame Salad Dressing
芝麻沙拉酱
(Recipe Source: Miho)
Yields about 750ml Salad Dressing

Ingredients:
30g White Sesame Seeds, stir-fried until fragrant
½ Carrot, roughly chopped
½ Brown Onion, roughly chopped
1 Clove Garlic, roughly chopped
50g Caster Sugar
350ml Sunflower Oil(can be reduced t0 330ml)
100ml Brown Rice Vinegar
130ml Light Soy Sauce(can be reduced to 110ml)

Method:
Blend all the ingredients in a stick blender.

NOTEs:
1. The types of oil and vinegar use may change the taste a bit. Avoid extra virgin oil due to its grassy smell which may spoil the taste of the salad dressing.

2. Salad dressing can be kept in a clean bottle/container up for weeks in the fridge. 

**************************************************************************************


Chicken Karaage Salad with Sesame Dressing
日式炸鸡沙拉配芝麻酱
(Recipe Source: Jessie-CookingMoments)
Serves 4-5

Ingredients:
Chicken Karaage(Click here to view the recipe)
2 handful of Homegrown Cherry Tomatoes
200g Mixed Lettuce & Baby Spinach
Corns from 1 Corn Cob, cooked
Sesame Salad Dressing(Miho's recipe as above)

Method:
Place all the ingredients in a large bowl & toss to mix well.  Don’t use too much of salad dressing, taste before adding more.

~Enjoy!~