I was looking at my baking photos in the laptop and found this <Lemon Tart> that I had made last year. Oh dear, I hope that it is still ok to post it now so I can join the Little Thumbs Up - Lemon and Cook-Your-Books #9 events.
(Adapted from Julie Goodwin’s Recipe(The First MasterChef Australia Winner), The Lemon & Lime Tart from the Cookbook “The Heart of the Home”)
Serves about 12
3 Sheets Store-bought Shortcrust Pastry, thawed
3 Eggs, lightly beaten
200ml Thickened Cream(35% Fat)
125ml Lemon Juice, about 3 Lemons
Zest of 2 Lemons
95g Caster Sugar
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Cut each piece of shortcrust pastry into 4 equal sections. Place each cut pastry into some small tart pans, press firm & trim off the excess.
2. Use a fork to prick on the pastry, then place a small piece of non-stick baking paper on top, follow by some rice.
3. Blind bake for about 15 minutes. Remove rice and baking paper & continue to bake for about 10 minutes or lightly golden.
4. Remove tart shells from the tart pans immediately & let to cool down completely on a wire rack.
5. Reduce the oven temperature to 160C.
6. Prepare the tart filling. Place cream, sugar, lemon juice & zest in a big mixing bowl. Whisk to combine.
7. Add eggs little by little and whisk to combine.
8. Ladle the lemon mixture & pour into the tart shells.
9. Bake for about 12 minutes or until just set.
10. Cooled. Refrigerate.
I’m submitting this to:
Little Thumbs Up – Lemon that is currently hosted by Grace of Life Can Be Simple and was originally organized by Zoe@Bake for Happy Kids & Mui Mui@My Little Favourite DIY.