Pages

Monday, 17 February 2014

Lemon Tart 柠檬挞



I was looking at my baking photos in the laptop and found this <Lemon Tart> that I had made last year. Oh dear, I hope that it is still ok to post it now so I can join the Little Thumbs Up - Lemon and Cook-Your-Books #9 events.

往电脑看还没上的食谱照片时被我看到这<柠檬挞>制於去年。希望这旧作还可以拿来参加这个月的LTU和Cook-Your-Books活动。

喜欢这挞是因为有我喜欢的纯柠檬口味,酸中带甜,赞。


Lemon Tart 
柠檬挞
Serves about 12

Ingredients:
3 Sheets Store-bought Shortcrust Pastry, thawed

3 Eggs, lightly beaten
200ml Thickened Cream(35% Fat)
125ml Lemon Juice, about 3 Lemons
Zest of 2 Lemons
95g Caster Sugar

Method:
1. Preheat oven to 180C.  Cut each piece of shortcrust pastry into 4 equal sections. Place each cut pastry into some small tart pans, press firm & trim off the excess.
2. Use a fork to prick on the pastry, then place a small piece of non-stick baking paper on top, follow by some rice.
3. Blind bake for about 15 minutes. Remove rice and baking paper & continue to bake for about 10 minutes or lightly golden.
4. Remove tart shells from the tart pans immediately & let to cool down completely on a wire rack.
5. Reduce the oven temperature to 160C.
6. Prepare the tart filling.  Place cream, sugar, lemon juice & zest in a big mixing bowl. Whisk to combine.
7. Add eggs little by little and whisk to combine.
8. Ladle the lemon mixture & pour into the tart shells.
9. Bake for about 12 minutes or until just set.
10. Cooled. Refrigerate.

I’m submitting this to:

 Little Thumbs Up – Lemon that is currently hosted by Grace of Life Can Be Simple and was originally organized by Zoe@Bake for Happy Kids & Mui Mui@My Little Favourite DIY.

&



 Enjoy!

42 comments:

  1. Jessie, sometimes late is good hor? I cannot eat this tart yet so I just stare at it and mimpi-mimpi :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phong Hong, so ur dream got sweet & sour lemon tart or not, hahaha! Good luck with the weight loss!

      Delete
  2. Jessie, 你家薄荷叶很丰收啊!
    这个挞一定很好吃, 我有些难以抗拒, 可惜我家的千金都不吃这口味的, 要不我真的想要动手了! 哈哈。。

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May, 做家人喜欢的好,不然不laku时自己需要啃完,我曾经历过,很残的。

      Delete
  3. I have made the lemon meringue tart that we both eaten at the Harrods Café the other day, hehehe..hopefully I can share soon. Your simple version of lemon tart sound good too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sonia, I also like the lemon meringue tart very much. Just that my blow torch gas is finished now, have to refill it but don't know how. It comes with a spare bottle, so have to ask Will to check for me.

      Delete
  4. 哇~酸酸甜甜的…一定很赞!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cat Chee, 对,也是喜欢它的原因。

      Delete
  5. 我来吃好料,请问还有吗?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tracy, 这是旧作品,很久以前就habis了咯,哈哈!

      Delete
  6. Hi Jessie
    Your lemon tart looks so tempting ...... I have been unwell but I just feel like eating some sweet stuff right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mel, how are you feeling now? Speedy recovery, ok?

      Delete
  7. 酸酸甜甜的,我喜欢也!那个四四方方的tart,也很特别呢!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jozelyn, 那些长方形小挞盘我一看见就喜欢极了。

      Delete
  8. I also discover things in my archive ha ha. These lemon tarts look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mich, yeah, if it isn't for the events, I think the photos will still be sitting in my archive.

      Delete
  9. such a pretty and light tart for afternoon tea...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. VB, I also had it for breakfast, haha, really, I can have cakes or dessert for my breakfast, it's a bad habit.

      Delete
  10. 很漂亮噢,隔着荧幕都可以嗅到那清新的味道了
    让人精神一振

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 鲸鱼,喜欢就好,喜欢就好,谢谢你。

      Delete
  11. 常常感觉柠檬垯会很酸,所以我从来都不敢尝试咯。
    现在看到你说它“酸中带甜+赞”。。。我马上把食谱bookmarked起来了,有机会一定要试试。哈哈哈~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Irene, 如果有时间自己做那挞皮会更好,希望你会喜欢。

      Delete
  12. wow....it looks so yummy! Can I have a bite please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephanie, really, I have forgotten the real taste, just remember it was sweet & sour, haha!

      Delete
  13. 虽然是去年做的,但是照片看起来不但还没发霉,还很nice;
    所以我不吃,但是还是给你赞!因为还是美美的水准作品哦!呵。。。。。。。。。。

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aunty Young, 再不上的话真的会没mood上了,哈哈!

      Delete
  14. Jessie,这样好的食谱加上美丽的照片,什么时候都适合post哦!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Esther, 可能是心理作祟,旧的不比新的来得吸引,哈哈~

      Delete
  15. Hi Jessie, nice lemon tart you have here! Like it to be in rectangle shape too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tze, yeah, I also like the rectangle shape, looks more special compares to the round ones.

      Delete
    2. Jessie, these lemon tarts look so inviting. I liked it regardless of what kind of tarts.

      Delete
    3. Cecilia, that's right. In the past I also made lemon curd tart b4.

      Delete
  16. Hi Jessie,

    I'm surprised after reading your post... It is hard to believe that these elegant-looking lemon tarts are actually quite easy to bake with just 6 basic ingredients. Brilliant!

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Jessie, beautiful lemon tart. I love the lovely intense colour of the lemon curd.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Veronica, I made lemon curd tarts b4 & I think the lemon curd tarts were softer compares to these tarts coz these are baked ones.

      Delete
  18. Jessie, Looking at your pretty lemon tarts make my day! So sunny and bright :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann, you want to take action or not, hahaha!

      Delete
  19. This looks super tangy good! Love the vibrant lemony colour! I would love to have a slice!
    Thanks for sharing with CYB!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Jessie, I was craving for lemon tarts and was looking around for a nice recipe to follow. Will bookmark this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yen, I'm thinking you will make your own shortcrust pastry, haha. Looking forward to see yours coming out soon!

      Delete