Today will mark the last day for the celebration of Chinese New Year. We call today as the “元宵节”(Yuan Xiao Jie), so everyone, Happy Yuan Xiao Jie!
My son always asks for food after school so 3 days ago, I made this <Lemon Butter Cake> especially for him. Everyday I would only give him 1-2 pieces & with just 1 bake of this cake can last for a long time.
Lemon Butter Cake
250g Unsalted Butter, room temperature
155g Caster Sugar
4 Large Eggs
Zest of 2 Lemons
3/4tbsp Lemon Juice
280g Cake Flour(Low Gluten Flour), sifted
11/2tsp Baking powder, sifted
1. Mix flour, baking powder & salt in a bowl.
2. Beat butter and sugar until light & fluffy.
3. Add eggs, one at a time. Beat at low speed to mix well.
4. Add lemon zest, lemon juice & milk. Mix well.
5. Fold in flour mixture in 3 separate rounds.
6. Spoon into a greased and lined baking pan.
7. Bake at a 170C pre-heated oven(fan bake, middle level) for 50 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
8. Cool the cake on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then remove cake from the baking pan & remove the baking paper. Let to cool down completely on a wire rack.
My friend, Mich@Piece of Cake has also posted Lemon Butter Cake this week & coincidently, we both used the same source of recipe. You can click here to see her cake that was served with lemon glaze which I had omitted.
I’m submitting this to Little Thumbs Up – Lemon that is currently hosted by Grace of Life Can Be Simple and was originally organized by Zoe@Bake for Happy Kids & Mui Mui@My Little Favourite DIY.
~ Happy Valentine's Day too!~