Pages

Wednesday, 8 January 2014

Thai Pandan Chicken 泰式班兰鸡



I am going to take another break after this posting so I would like to wish everyone here in advance A Happy Chinese New Year & Gong Xi Fatt Cai!

缘份这回事真的很奥妙。今天早上突然想去佛光缘供佛,到达後才知道原来今天是佛陀的成道日,也因为这原故,让我碰到了很久不见,也是从马来西亚移民过来的一位长者朋友,K师姊。初初来这佛堂时已认识K师姊,虽然大家的年龄相差很远,但是我们一点也没有代沟,一碰面永远是有谈不完的话题。

上完这帖子後,我又要告假了,所以先在这里向大家拜个早年,希望在新的一年里,大家都身体健康,龙马精神,事事顺利!恭喜发财!恭喜发财!



I have seen a couple of friends made this <Thai Pandan Chicken> before but when a similar recipe was shared by Cass@搵到食, I decided to use her recipe for my Christmas lunch. First reason is because she used the oven to cook the chicken, instead of deep-frying and secondly, she shared a source of a video clip that shows how to wrap the chicken with a pandan leaf.  It is a very useful clip and I also just learned how to wrap the chicken by watching the same clip, thanks to Cass

曾看过好几位朋友都做过这<泰式班兰鸡>,但当这食谱出现在Cass@搵到食的家时,再经过她的推荐,所以就在圣诞节那天做了给家人吃。

贴心的Cass还和大家分享了一个"如何包裹班兰鸡的影片",真的很有用!


Thai Pandan Chicken
泰式班兰鸡
(Recipe Source: Cass@搵到食 who adapted the recipe from Xing Fu 8 with Minor Adjustments)
Makes 22

Ingredients A:
500g Skinless Chicken thigh, cut into 1.5''-2'' pieces
22 Fresh Pandan Leaves
2tsp Curry Powder
2tsp Tumeric Powder
2tbsp Honey
Some Salt & White Pepper

Ingredients B:
9 Red Shallots
10 Cloves Garlic
5 Coriander Roots
3 Stalks Lemongrass, white part only
2.5-3tbsp Fish Sauce
2tbsp Lime Juice

***Blend the Ingredients B in a stick blender***

Method:
1. Place the chicken pieces & all other ingredients, except pandan leaves in a large bowl. Mix until the chicken is evenly coated with the herbs & spices. 
2. Wrap one piece of chicken with a pandan leaf. Repeat for the rest of the chicken pieces.  Click here to view the video clip that shows how to wrap the chicken.
3. Refrigerate overnight.
4. Preheat oven to 160C(fan-forced).
5. Grill pandan chicken in the oven for 20-30 minutes or until cooked.
6. Serve hot.

I’m submitting this to:


GONG XI FATT CAI EVERYONE!
祝大家马年行大运!新年快乐!

38 comments:

  1. Gong xi fatt cai n happy new year to u
    Good share n yummy..thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Felicia:
      Thanks. You too, Gong Xi Fatt Cai!

      Delete
  2. Hi Jessie, it's great that this uses oven instead of deep frying. Something I can try too :) Happy CNY in advance to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yen, yeah, that's why I like this recipe too. Coz I made fried prawns on that day, can't have another fried dish really, will get sorethroat.

      Delete
  3. 这道鸡很香。。。我那天也想做却找不到班兰叶子, 后来改用紫菜片卷上了!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 新年快乐哟:)
    要回来了吧:)

    我喜欢班兰叶独有的香气

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jessie,

    Not fried but baked!!!... I'm always attracted to any food with this slogan!!! Bookmarked this recipe!

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, oven-cooked is definitely a better choice than deep frying!

      Delete
  6. 这个我也mark 了,就还没开工而已。。
    我也预早和你拜个早年,希望你在新的一年里,身体健康,龙马精神,事事顺利!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, 我贪心的还做了双倍的份量,哈哈。

      Delete
  7. i love pandan chicken... can even have it at breakfast.... have a lovely CNY Jessie and see you back soon

    ReplyDelete
  8. 哇。。。这道我喜欢!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jessie, Just few days ago I baked chicken wings. So now I can use my air fryer again to bake this pandan chicken, I'm sure my family will love it!
    恭喜发财!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann, air fryer can also be used for baking? It was on sale recently but I didn't buy it.

      Delete
  10. Hi Jessie, normally I do deep frying for this dish too but now got this recipe, I can oven baked instead. It will be more healthy too and less oily. Hope you had a great CNY.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cecilia:
      Thank you! You too, Gong Xi Fatt Cai!

      Delete
  11. Hi Jessie
    This is one of my favourite Thai dish! Looks delicious!
    Enjoy your break!
    Gong Xi Fa Cai to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow looks good. This is my family favourite! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gong Xi Fa Cai to you and your family. Have a wonderful break Jessie.

    ReplyDelete
  14. 好香的班兰鸡哦~真想吃叻。。。嘻嘻!
    祝你与家人,新年快乐,万事如意!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Esther, still not too late to wish you Gong Xi Fatt Chai too!

      Delete
  15. Gong Xi Fa Cai Jessie, I have tried this dish not yet upload in my blog. Please visit my blog 'Engineers Love Cooking'. All recipes already tested and tasted. My presentation not as good as yours. Do visit it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ELC, will drop by your site later.

      Delete
  16. you are the first to wish me gong xi fa cai! :D enjoy your holidays , dear jessie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lena, my 1st half of the holidays was great but the 2nd half was not so good as all of us was sick. Overall, we still have a good break.

      Delete
  17. Hi Jessie! Love your pandan chicken. I only love to eat it but no thank you to cook it myself hee...hee...Wishing you and your lovely family Gong Xi Fa Cai!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phong Hong, thanks for it. You left this message on the 24th Jan, that was the day we drove back to Taiping.

      Delete
  18. I love your blog!!! I know I tell you the same thing everytime I stop by, but it´s true!!
    yesterday,I have cooked the sweet potato sticks; my daughters loved them!! we all expected a different flavour, sweet or savory, so we all were surprised!! just great!!
    thanks again for sharing your recipes!!
    love from Spain!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely message. Not everyone likes the Asian style of bread, even my husband somtimes find it hard to appreciate, haha.

      Delete