Pages

Monday, 18 November 2013

Teddy Bear Pound Cake 小熊磅蛋糕



Do you like this <Teddy Bear Pound Cake>? I wanted to surprise my children, so instead of baking a normal loaf of pound cake, I did an experiment to come out with a pattern pound cake & it works!  My son was so excited when he saw the teddy bear in the cake!

喜欢这可爱的<小熊磅蛋糕>吗?这是在烘了<蓝莓优格蛋糕>的一个星期後做的。因为家人喜欢才敢做,那奶油的份量很吓人一下。想给孩子一个惊喜,所以多花了一些心思, 做了个小熊图案的蛋糕。
                                    



I used a moist chocolate pound cake recipe from Joy of Baking & after the second bake, the cake were not dry at all & it is best to use in making a pattern pound cake like this.  And most importantly, it doesn’t have to be a bear, you can use any cookie cutter you like, as long as they are able to stand in the loaf pan later.

我用了个湿润的巧克力磅蛋糕食谱来做试验,所以就算蛋糕烘了两次後都不会乾。儿子看到那只小熊都很兴奋,所以我的试验总算成功了!如果没有小熊曲奇模也不用紧,任何曲奇模也行,最重要是把它们排列在面包盘里时,可以站立不倒。

To make this <Teddy Bear Pound Cake>, firstly I baked a small chocolate pound cake. 
先烘一个小的巧克力磅蛋糕

Then, I used a teddy bear cookie cutter to cut out teddy bear shaped pound cake.  After that, I arranged them in a bigger loaf pan. 
 用小熊曲奇模割十三片半的小熊,把它们排列在较大的面包盘里

 
  Finally, I poured in the Lemon Vanilla Pound Cake batter into the loaf pan & bake until the cake is cooked.
 盖上柠檬香草磅蛋糕糊。<小熊磅蛋糕>就这样的诞生了!


Teddy Bear Pound Cake
小熊磅蛋糕
Makes a 10cm x 21cm x 7cm Loaf

Chocolate Pound Cake:
(Recipe Source: Joy of Baking with Minor Adjustments)

Makes a 6.5cm x 25cm x 6cm Loaf

Ingredients:
25g Unsweetened Dutch-processed Cocoa Powder
60ml Boiling Hot Water
180g Cake Flour(Low Gluten Flour)
1tsp Baking Powder
1/4tsp Salt
226g Unsalted Butter, softened at room temperature
200g Fine Brown Sugar
3 Large Eggs
11/2tsp Vanilla Concentrated Extract
15ml Fresh Milk (My eggs were under 60g each so I need to add some milk in the batter)

Method:
1. Grease a loaf pan, then line with non-stick baking paper.
2. Preheat oven to 160C(fan-forced).  Place the rack in the middle level.
3. Mix cocoa powder with water until smooth & no lumps.  Leave to cool down completely before use.
4. In a bowl, sift in flour.  Add in baking powder & salt. Mix well.
5. Beat butter & sugar until light & fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time.  Mix well on each addition. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
6. Add vanilla extract,cooled cocoa mixture and milk. Mix well on each addition.
7. Add flour mixture in 2-3 rounds.  Mix with a spatula until smooth.
8. Spoon the cake mixture into the loaf pan.  Smooth out the top. Bake for about 50 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
9. Cool for 10 minutes in the loaf pan, then remove cake from the pan & let to cool down completely on a wire rack.

**************************************************************************************

Lemon Vanilla Pound Cake:
(Recipe Source: 黄宜贞的超容易,零失败!我的第一堂甜點課 with Minor Adjustments)
Makes a 10cm x 21cm x 7cm Loaf

Ingredients:
200g Unsalted Butter, softened at room temperature
200g Caster Sugar
200g Eggs
350g Cake Flour
2tsp Baking Powder
2g Salt
Fine Zest of 1 Large Lemon
20ml Lemon Juice
85ml Fresh Milk (*May vary)
1.5tsp Vanilla Concentrated Extract

Method:
1. Grease & lightly flour a loaf pan.  Pour out excess flour.
2. Preheat oven to 170C(fan-forced).  Place the rack in the middle level.
3. Repeat Step 4 & Step 5 as above.
4. Add lemon zest, lemon juice, fresh milk & vanilla extract.  Mix well on each addition.
5. Add flour mixture in a few rounds. Mix well with a spatula until smooth.
6. Cut out Teddy bear pound cake. Arrange neatly in the middle of the loaf pan. I used 13.5 pieces of Teddy bear pound cake.
7. Very carefully, spoon in the cake mixture.  I started with filling up one side of the pan, followed by the other side, lastly the top of the pan.
8. Smooth out the top, then used a greased knife to make a cut in the center.
9. Bake for about 50-55 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
10. Cool for 10 minutes in the loaf pan, then remove cake from the pan & let to cool down completely on a wire rack.

**************************************************************************************************************************************************
TIPS:
1. Please workout whether the small pound cake is long enough to cover the length of the bigger loaf pan.  My smaller loaf pan is 25cm long whereas my bigger loaf pan is 21cm long when measure on the top. 

2. You may struggle a bit when you first arranging the pattern pound cake in the loaf pan but when finish, they will be more stable.

3. The second pound cake batter must be enough to cover the top of the pattern pound cake in the bigger loaf pan.

**************************************************************************************************************************************************
NOTE:
A traditional pound cake is made of equal ratio of eggs, sugar, butter & flour but the 2 recipes that I’m referring to has over-written the old recipes. 

传统的磅蛋糕用了同等份量的鸡蛋,糖,牛油和面粉来做。可是我参考的两个食谱都已经改良了。也对的,起码吃了没太重的负担(好像是自我安慰一下)。

**************************************************************************************************************************************************



~Enjoy!~



67 comments:

  1. Jessie, 切出来熊熊的蛋糕边边。。该怎样处置好?
    哈哈哈~~我怕我是那个要收留削削的人。。
    因为你懂的,妈妈就是那个常吃家人不吃的东西嘛 :P :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 小雨伞, 妈妈是伟大的,我也是其中的一个,哈哈哈~

      Delete
  2. This is so cute Jessie! I'd like to try it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mich. Let me know later about the cake.

      Delete
  3. This is a great idea, I will definitely give it a try to surprise my kids.Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sem, yeah, this is a good way to make them happy, as a reward.

      Delete
  4. Jessie,这个很有创意,可爱,你家小朋友应该很爱吧。。:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen,小孩子嘛,很容易受骗的。

      Delete
  5. This teddy bear pound cake not only surprises children but the adults too. Is not only looks pretty it has added extra chocolate flavour in this cake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mel, yeah, and I prefer the chocolate pound cake than the lemon vanilla pound cake.

      Delete
  6. 大大声的说:好可爱哦!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes i love it.... i nearly wanted to make something like that.... hahahaha! so so... can i be a child and have 2 slices? ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. VB, this was inspired by cookie recipe which I had seen in the past.

      Delete
  8. 哇!真的有小熊磅蛋糕吃也。你真灵活。这个蛋糕很特别也。美美美,非常美。。。。。。 like~

    ReplyDelete
  9. 哇,妈咪好厉害哦!
    要加多多分给妈咪了。

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tracy, eh, 你旅行还有这麽多时间来拜访的,真有心。

      Delete
  10. Jessie, this is so adorable! come in to take a closer look :D anyway, i have to keep a distance from this type of buttery cake for a while :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tze, I know I know. I told my hubby that I won't bake this for a long long time but change my mind again. I want to rebake just the chocolate pound cake, just a small one on this Thu.

      Delete
  11. 你太有心思+创意哦。这么赞的蛋糕,别说你儿子我看了都很兴奋呢。咔咔咔~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Irene, 那柠檬食谱就是我之前有向你提起的。糖份减少了,做起来不比巧克力的湿润。

      Delete
  12. 好可爱哦,不要说你家包贝喜欢,就连我这个aunty也很喜欢哦,哈哈。。。

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cass, 我知道你比较少做甜品,等多几年,小外甥长大後可以做给他吃,哈哈!

      Delete
  13. Jessie ah, so clever one! I was wondering how you get the teddy bear into the cake and it look so perfect. Thanks for sharing this trick :) I shall try this to amuse my nephew and my niece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worry, Phong Hong. I saw my friend made animal-shaped cookies before & I was wondering whether I can do a simple version for a cake.

      Delete
  14. What a beautiful loaf of cake., Jessie, when I first saw your picture! I couldn't figure out how you managed to get the teddy bears inside the cake. Thanks to your pictorial instructions, I got it. What a brilliant idea! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very easy, Veronica. I choice pound cake becoz it is easy to cut.

      Delete
  15. WOW! What a pretty cake! Not only pretty also too cute to eat!
    Like! Like! 很有心思的可爱蛋糕 :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann, my boy was so happy when seeing these cakes. Poor mummy only ate the crumbs from the chocolate pound cakes, hehe!

      Delete
  16. 在fb看到這蛋糕的時候,就很驚訝如何把小熊弄到蛋糕裏頭的,
    原來是要先烘烤一個蛋糕再結合起來的。。。
    無論是内部的小熊還是在外的蛋糕,都美到極點!!讚讚讚呀!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 珊珊, 有时间的话可以玩玩,告诉你的孩子妈妈可以变魔术。

      Delete
  17. 超喜欢♥
    口爱极了啦(^_^)
    我瞄这磅蛋糕好久一下了。。。一定会尝试的,嘻嘻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 晓, 谢谢。希望这也可以为你的孩子带来惊喜!

      Delete
  18. 你真有心思,看过类似的食谱
    可是想到那个步骤,我还是算了
    哈哈

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 鲸鱼, 我是因为看过你之前做的绘画曲奇才在想可不可以用个较容易的方法来做个绘画蛋糕,这个很肥哦,不可以常常吃。

      Delete
  19. Jessie, this teddy bear pound cake is so cute and tks for sharing too. I was wondering too how u did it till I saw the tutorial. U r very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh pandai ya ! But I am too lazy to make this way , have to bake two cakes , anyway all kids will love this!

    ReplyDelete
  21. 好想也弄给弟弟哦~chiu可爱的!
    bookmark了!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 小食代: 小朋友看到一定会喜欢的。

      Delete
  22. 哇。。这个太可爱了。。。喜欢喜欢! 真的有心咯! 我最近是忙到。。。不会讲。帖子也没时间上,留言也没时间留
    我这么迟才来,熊熊都被抢光光了啦

    ReplyDelete
  23. Jessie, this is so cute. And really clever idea too. I will make this if I have time for my kids :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yen, now I only renew my blog for once a week, so got time to do it, hehe.

      Delete
  24. Hi Jessie,
    This is the cutest pound cake I've seen! So creative of you! This would bring a smile to anyone!

    ReplyDelete
  25. 好可爱的小熊蛋糕!
    原来里面那层的做法是这样的,谢谢分享!

    ReplyDelete
  26. 看来我来的更迟了,三更半夜来你家吃这可爱的小熊蛋糕, 哈哈哈!
    还是不吃蛋糕, 明早来看看你吧!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May, 见啦见啦,终於见到面了,哈哈!

      Delete
  27. 嗨Jessie, 你的小熊蛋糕也太可爱了吧!食谱我带走咯!太谢谢你的分享了:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Esther, 开博客就是要分享的嘛,不用谢。

      Delete
  28. hi jessie, this is very clever of making something out of the ordinary! it will suprise everyone, not just kids!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Jessie,

    You are very clever with this cute hidden teddy idea! I'm totally amazed :D

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  30. your photos are amazing. cheers!

    ReplyDelete