Pages

Sunday, 27 October 2013

Fresh Coconut Jelly 新鲜椰子果冻



When I was young, mum loved to make coconut cream & brown sugar jelly for me and the shape of the jelly was always in either square or rectangle.  For a  reason, mum has stopped making jelly since I started high school & if my memory serves me right, I haven’t had this jelly for over 20 years.

读小学时,妈妈常常会做些椰浆红糖菜燕给我吃。还记得当时总喜欢把红糖菜燕那部分吃掉,然後慢慢地欣赏我爱的椰浆菜燕。说也奇怪,妈妈已有二十年没做过这菜燕了,这令我更回味那些年的"滋味"



I have seen a few friends posted their coconut jelly recipes in the past and this has inspired me to make my own using some fresh coconut water that I bought from a local supermarket.  A fresh coconut is selling for $2-$3 in Sydney & they are mainly imported from Thailand.  From my experience, each coconut yields about 350ml – 400ml of coconut water and the flesh is normally considered “soft” to eat. 


初次在Aunty Young的家看到一些圆圆的椰子果冻就留下了深刻的印象,告诉自己也要做些来吃。就这样便跑去超级市场买了一粒新鲜的椰子回来,做了这道<新鲜椰子果冻>。它们像不像特大的露珠?


I use this ice ball tray to shape my jellies.  I have seen this mold being sold in Daiso, Chatswood last year but I’m not sure whether they are still available now. 
几位朋友送了两set的球型冰盘给我,现在终於有机会用了,谢谢你们。



******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************




PS: Special thanks to my girlfriend from Melbourne who bought me a set of timber coasters. I love them so much!

~Enjoy!~