Pages

Sunday, 7 October 2012

I Have A "Date" with Poh from Poh's Kitchen(Runner Up of Season 1 Masterchef Australia)

3 weeks ago, my mother-in-law told me that Poh from Poh's Kitchen is going to do a cooking performance in Victoria Avenue, Chatswood. I was extremely exciting to find out the details as I have been a big supporter of her since day 1 I watched the Season 1 of Masterchef Australia in 2009.  This cooking competition show was aired for 6 days a week for 12 consecutive weeks & I never, ever missed a single episode! And if you ask me why do I love her so much, well, I love watching cooking show & back at that time, she was the only Malaysian born Australian who I could remember & this is why I supported her 110%, hahaha! 

Now, she has her own cooking show which is called Poh's Kitchen & it is aired on every Tuesday on ABC at 8pm.  My younger sister-in-law bought me her 1st cookbook as for my Christmas present which I had in the past tried one of the recipes in the book, ie the <Prawn Noodle Salad> which you can view the recipe here

All right, have enough of that long-winded story & back to this topic.  Where have I stopped? Right, ok, so after being told by my MIL about this cooking performance, my father-in-law helped me to cut off the newspaper article & my hubby's cousin asked me to paste this newspaper cutting on the fridge so I won't forget the date! Yes, so I was happily doing the count down. 

The weather had been wonderful, nice & warm  for weeks until last Sat, 6th Oct, the day that Poh was going to do the cooking show, it rained! Faint!  So I told my hubby to take the children to the shopping mall while waiting for me to finish watching the cooking show!  Seeing her for the 1st time was a mix feeling of excitement & nervousness! In the beginning, I only dared to take photos of her from a distance while watching people walking towards her, saying hi & asking her questions. I was a chicken, hahaha! Then, I went to ask her what she was going to cook for the day, she said:"Nyonya Chicken Curry!" Good choice!  


I want to thank a Mr Nice Guy who worked there on that day because he volunteered to take my umbrella so I could take some photos of Poh. 

Poh's <Nyonya Chicken Curry>! You can view her recipe here.

Mr Nice Guy helped me to take a photo of us.

Poh signed an autograph on Lock & Lock's Apron.

42 comments:

  1. Oh nice that you got to meet her. The two of you could be mistaken for sisters lah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jessie, you are so in luck that you can meet Poh in person even take photos together with her. I'm jealous.....and envy of you. I loves to watch Poh's Kitchen and I think she is amazing and sometimes she is full of humour this is why I like her personality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mel, I love her million dollar smile & her smile is contagious!

      Delete
  3. Wow, you are lucky to have a chance to see your "Ou Chung" in person, hehehe..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eh, I told you in my Facebook the other night, you "mong cha cha," hahaha!\

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Girl, she always carries a big smile on her face & she is very pretty!

      Delete
  5. Wow... 2 beautiful young ladies!
    Jessie,you are so lucky to meet your idol, wishing i have this luck too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cass, I was actually quite scare in the beginning but thinking that this may only be the only time I got to see her, so, went to speak to her, hahaha, I'm glad I did!

      Delete
  6. Jess,
    That must be a exciting day. Watching Poh cooks,
    taking photo with her and got her signature on your Lock N Lock apron Wow! That is so cool! Did you sample Poh's Nyonya curry?
    By the way, you look really pretty in the picture with Poh ;)
    mui..^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mui Mui, I didn't try her curry as it looked quite spicy & thinking of my health condition, I didn't eat it. Now I'm regretting! She distributed the curry + rice away to the crowd there!

      Delete
  7. Hi Jessie,

    You are so lucky having this wonderful date with Poh!!! I wish that I can see her in person too :D

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zoe, the time will come to you. She travels to every where in Australia!

      Delete
  8. Jessie! So exciting! Eh, two of you macam adik-beradik lah :) You must be so happy to finally meet Poh. I like her too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phong Hong, it was a happy day for me, haha!

      Delete
  9. Hi, Jesse. Love your blog, keep it up. We all know who REALLY won Masterchef!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Anonymous, thanks for the drop by! Well, in my heart, Poh is always the winner, hahaha!

      Delete
  10. 太棒了
    你有机会和偶像见面
    想必获益不浅:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 鲸鱼, 是給她shot到我不會講話,哈哈哈!她的真人比上電視較瘦得多,也很漂亮!

      Delete
  11. You must be on Cloud Nine, Jessie....to be able to watch Poh cooking in person!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jessie, you're so lucky to meet your idol! Who's know one day you're the chef too :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann, you are very kind but to become a chef, the chance is very slim, hahaha!

      Delete
  13. Hi Jessie,
    That is a wonderful opportunity! I have watched her shows but have not tried any of her recipes. I'm glad that you have the chance to meet someone you admire!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyce, I've marked a few of her recipes for a long time but so far only tried one, hahaha~

      Delete
  14. that is cool, a perfect day .

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lucky you! Your parents in law also very supportive wor....they must have love this daughter in law very much. You always cook/ bake good food for them...I'm sure they "sek tou lei long" haha......
    Do u wear the new apron or u have the frame the apron and hang it on ur new house's wall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No lah no lah, won't wear it coz scare that I'll stain it, but not going to frame it neither. I hang it up high in my kitchen!

      Delete
  16. Hi Jessie, can see you smiling so happily must be in cloud nine. Glad that you got the opportunity to meet your idol.

    Have a nice week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  17. so lucky! Jealous.... haha..
    You are very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jane, I'm very happy now becoz of your drop by, hahaha~

      Delete
  18. so did you behave yourself in front of poh? got kelam kabut or not??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lena, I was scared in the beginning but at last, I forced myself to talk to her!

      Delete
  19. Jessie, both of you kind of look alike leh, like sisters, and you are very pretty! How nice are your parents in law being so supportive and helpful, you must be such daring daughter in law to have them sayang you so much :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jess, the way you said has made me feel very happy, you've made my day, haha! But hoh, I really have to thank my mother-in-law for telling me this news. She has seen Poh even so much earlier before me. At that time, they were all filming for the Masterchef Australia in the local supermarket which my mother-in-law usually goes & it was a co-incidence that my MIL was there while they were filming the competition show!

      Delete
  20. Wow! You're so lucky to see her in person! Awesome! It must be a very memorable day & fun too! BTW you look great, leng lui! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kit, haiyah, no lah, thanks for your compliment!

      Delete
  21. Hi Jessie, I could not believe that you have taken so many photos, I am the other lady chef assisting Pho on that day. I have my Malaysian Food Stall in the Victoria Mall, Chatswood on every Thursdays and Fridays. I am really happy that you have made it on that day inspite of the rain.

    Please come and visit me whenever you feel like having good Malaysian food. I would also like to let you know that I have won the Award in 2006 for having Sydney's best Chicken Laksa. My receipe was printed in Gourmet Travellers Magazine xmas issue in 2006.

    Daxa Chauhan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Daxa, I don't have much experience in cooking compares to you & Poh & I have only started this interesting in Sep 2011! Really glad that you have found me here! Yes, will definitely visit you in the future as my parents-in-law live in Chatswood. Thanks for leaving a lovely message here!

      Delete